Another successful diabetic seminar!
RPA held its first diabetic seminar of 2018 on March 3rd at St. Dimitrius’ reception hall. About 30 participants learned about disease-related lifestyle management skills.
Among the topics included:
• Ways to successfully manage your diabetes
• How and when to test your blood sugar
• Appropriate goals for blood sugar, Hba1c, lipids, and blood pressure
• How to obtain and use glucometers (which are available through your health insurance)
• Diet and meal planning as well as tips for dining out
• Information on hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia: symptoms, prevention and treatment
• How to create and obtain your goals
• Sick day management and how stress can be a risk factor