End of the Public Health Emergency (PHE)
The COVID PHE ended May 11, 2023. This will affect your BCBS HMO coverage in the following ways:
- COVID vaccinations, testing, and treatment must be performed or referred by your Primary Care Physician
- Our Primary Care Physician will assist you with determining medically necessary vaccinations, testing and treatment
- Non-emergent and/or self-referred COVID services are NO LONGER in benefit
- All copayment waivers have been eliminated
- At home COVID tests are no longer reimbursable under your pharmacy benefits
If you have any questions regarding your coverage, please contact our Customer Service Department at (773) 868-2000.